Re: 5.1p1 and X11 forwarding failing

In linux you should have installed xorg-x11-xauth-1.0.2-4 for
X11forward to work. There is a similar package on solaris ?

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Jeff Blaine <jblaine@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm really scratching my head on this one. The server
is running OpenSSH 5.1p1 on Solaris 9. The authentication
is via PAM if that matters.

# grep X11 sshd_config | sed '/^#/D'
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost yes
#

Now I attach to my 'master' sshd and follow all children
to look for any evidence of "DISPLAY":

# truss -f -a -e -p 14923 2>&1 | grep DISPLAY

I then fire up ssh -X from a client machine, login, and
truss reports nothing.

If I perform the EXACT same test against stock Solaris 9
sshd (also authenticating against PAM), DISPLAY shows up
(in truss and in the shell) and X11 forwarding works fine.

Any ideas?

Relevant Pages

  • 5.1p1 and X11 forwarding failing
    ... The authentication ... is via PAM if that matters. ... truss reports nothing. ... If I perform the EXACT same test against stock Solaris 9 ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: RSA SecureID on Solaris
    ... > Is anyone using these to authenticate users on Solaris? ... Yes, it works, and there are hooks in datafellows ssh, openssh, and pam ... are several free pam modules that will let you do securid authentication. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: 5.1p1 and X11 forwarding failing
    ... The authentication ... is via PAM if that matters. ... Now I attach to my 'master' sshd and follow all children ... If I perform the EXACT same test against stock Solaris 9 ...
    (SSH)
  • PAM application and root user
    ... We have users test1 and test2 in Solaris OS, ... We wanted to run a test PAM application which gets the user id and pasword ... The Pam application is written in C++, and uses Solaris 9 PAM API. ... I can do the proper authentication using ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Password aging on Suns with NIS?
    ... >> wouldn't benefit from NIS+ even if we liked banging our heads against the wall). ... PAM, it looks like I could drop in a replacement for pam_unix_acct, but I suspect ... > An easy way to get password aging on the Solaris ... >> workstations and servers. ...
    (comp.security.unix)