Re: How to bridge two ssh sessions?

Hi Peter,

This article might help you:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH_VPN

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 15:46 +0100, Peter Künnemann wrote:
Hi,
Is there somebody here who could point me in the right direction?

I am about to implement a sort of 'ssh bridge' that can be reached
from devices behind a NAS gateway. The Idea is to bridge two
clients in a way that they can talk to each other using ssh tunnels.

Each client should use ssh to connect to a 'bridge server', the
server should then somehow 'connect' these client session and allow
tunneling sessions 'end to end'. The bridging should also be able
to request credentials and/or use some other means of authentication
maybe using rsa keys.

(Client begind NAS) ------( server )-------(Client behind NAS)
SSH -------> <------ SSH
\_Bridge/
\______________tunnel_____________/

I am currently using ssh and rsa key to establish a session for each
client. The session ends in a shell script (no command shell) that
only allow some specific functions.

The whole thing reminds me on the way TeamViewer seems to have implemented
it but I could not find any clue in the net about how. Any hint would
be very much apreciated.

Thanks, Peter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH
    ... Using "Reflection for UNIX and VMS" ... What happens if you use some other SSH client (like, say, SSH on the ... Relfection session, they all "died". ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: SSH
    ... Using "Reflection for UNIX and VMS" ... What happens if you use some other SSH client (like, say, SSH on the ... Relfection session, they all "died". ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • How to bridge two ssh sessions?
    ... I am about to implement a sort of 'ssh bridge' that can be reached ... clients in a way that they can talk to each other using ssh tunnels. ... Each client should use ssh to connect to a 'bridge server', ... I am currently using ssh and rsa key to establish a session for each ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: How to bridge two ssh sessions?
    ... Patrick Debois ....: ... clients in a way that they can talk to each other using ssh tunnels. ... Each client should use ssh to connect to a 'bridge server', ... I am currently using ssh and rsa key to establish a session for each ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Killing idle SSH sessions?
    ... Adding ClientAliveInterval will only help if the client drops off ... the session stays active. ... There doesn't seem to be a way built into the SSH daemon in ... This setting does not work on Fedora... ...
    (Fedora)