Re: How to bridge two ssh sessions?

Patrick Debois ....:

You can use netcat in combination with the proxycommand.

http://www.jedi.be/blog/2008/11/07/chaining-ssh-tunnels-easy-ssh-hopping/

Patrick, thanks very much. I think this is very close to what I wanna do,
I think I will use it as a start point. I may need to add some extra
authentication though to make sure that only the clients are connected
that are allowed to.

Peter Künnemann wrote:
Hi,
Is there somebody here who could point me in the right direction?

I am about to implement a sort of 'ssh bridge' that can be reached
from devices behind a NAS gateway. The Idea is to bridge two
clients in a way that they can talk to each other using ssh tunnels.

Each client should use ssh to connect to a 'bridge server', the
server should then somehow 'connect' these client session and allow
tunneling sessions 'end to end'. The bridging should also be able
to request credentials and/or use some other means of authentication
maybe using rsa keys.

(Client begind NAS) ------( server )-------(Client behind NAS)
SSH -------> <------ SSH
\_Bridge/
\______________tunnel_____________/

I am currently using ssh and rsa key to establish a session for each
client. The session ends in a shell script (no command shell) that
only allow some specific functions.

The whole thing reminds me on the way TeamViewer seems to have implemented
it but I could not find any clue in the net about how. Any hint would
be very much apreciated.

Thanks, Peter

  • Re: SSH
    ... Using "Reflection for UNIX and VMS" ... What happens if you use some other SSH client (like, say, SSH on the ... Relfection session, they all "died". ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: SSH
    ... Using "Reflection for UNIX and VMS" ... What happens if you use some other SSH client (like, say, SSH on the ... Relfection session, they all "died". ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Killing idle SSH sessions?
    ... Adding ClientAliveInterval will only help if the client drops off ... the session stays active. ... There doesn't seem to be a way built into the SSH daemon in ... This setting does not work on Fedora... ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SSH
    ... Using "Reflection for UNIX and VMS" ... the VMS SSH server or with the Reflection client? ... I enabled SSH Client also. ... Relfection session, they all "died". ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: [PHP] Re: a question on session ID and security
    ... hash key" to the client when it doesn't need it? ... But by doing that you're exposing how your app validates the authentication key, leaving it open to being transferred to another machine. ... tutorial on PHP session security is helpful. ...
    (php.general)