command does not return

Hello,

My environnement is Debian Etch, and the version of ssh is 4.3p2.

I wrote a command <mycommand> that starts a python program. This
program calls a blocking method on a gamin monitor that waits for file
system changes (new files, for exemple).

I had to launch this python program (in mycommand) with "nohup" and
"&" at the end of the line because if not, mycommand is blocked.

Then when I enter the distant machine by writing only 'ssh <ip>' and
after connection, <mycommand> + ENTER, it returns correctly (I can
continue to write thing without to have to do crtl+c).

But when I launch the command like this : 'ssh <ip> <mycommand>', it
doesn't return.
It is blocked and I have to do ctrl+c to unblock. Furthermore, the
python program is correctly running on the distant machine.

Do you have any idea why 'ssh <ip> <mycommand>' is blocked ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: command does not return
    ... and the version of ssh is 4.3p2. ... I wrote a command <mycommand> that starts a python program. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: OS specific command in Python
    ... to have it in a python program and let it do the action. ... When you connect (via ssh or telnet) to a remote machine, ... If what you need is simulating console interaction, ... based on the Tool Command Language. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: SSH, remote login, and command output
    ... I'm working on a Python program for a small LAN of Linux systems running ... Gentoo, and I need a little help figuring out what I need to do it. ... I would normally something along the lines of SSH ... as to what library I should learn how to use to pull this off? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Customized Boot Manager in Python
    ... How can we use operating system specific commands like ssh within ... the python program Which grphics library ...
    (comp.lang.python)