Re: multihome box: why ssh over only one interface?

sean darcy wrote:
Using Fedora 9, openssh-5.1p1-3.fc9.i386.

I have a multihomed machine with 2 external interfaces - eth0 and
eth3. I can ssh into eth0, but not eth3. Using logging with iptables,
I see the ssh packets coming in to eth3. But I see nothing in
/var/log/secure showing even an attempted login.

My iptables ACCEPT should work for any interface:

$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -s 0/0 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT #ssh

Any clue what I should look for now? I've tried ssh to eth3 from the
same machine that works to eth0. No luck.

FWIW, I can also ssh into the internal interface.

sean

If you're using a backup Internet connection (perhaps NATed), make sure the
packets go out correctly. Check your routes. E.g with /sbin/ip route.

Andri

Relevant Pages