Keeping connections through switch to vpn

Dear list,

I need to keep a ssh connection open from my windows PC to a linux workstation for various tasks that can be done better in linux environment.

But a couple times a day, from the same windows PC, I also need to remote desktop into an off-site windows server, using cisco vpn.

My problem is that as soon as the vpn is connected, my IP changes, and I lose the ssh connection (because this vpn client disallows "local LAN access"). I cannot change the vpn client setting.

Is there a way to let the ssh connection survive the vpn connection?

Regards,

Ben Kim

Relevant Pages

  • Remote Login using SSH tunnel with XP
    ... establish an ssh connection with an tunnel for an terminal ... We have a new installed windows 2003 ... terminal server, previous times we used citrix terminal ... employees are not very happy with the current situation. ...
  • Remote connection using ssh tunnel and XP
    ... establish an ssh connection with an tunnel for an terminal ... We have a new installed windows 2003 ... terminal server, previous times we used citrix terminal ... employees are not very happy with the current situation. ...
  • Remote Login using SSH tunnel with XP
    ... establish an ssh connection with an tunnel for an terminal ... We have a new installed windows 2003 ... terminal server, previous times we used citrix terminal ... employees are not very happy with the current situation. ...
  • Re: Why did named start sending UDP to 127.0.0.2:53 out my external interface?
    ... restarted the funny logs, though the VPN remains down. ... ssh connection I'm using between them, there should be no physical or ... >problem originating at the other end of the link from where I ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Setting TCP filter access for SSH connection
    ... Use Zonealarm or Sygate Personal Firewall for Windows. ... Setting TCP filter access for SSH connection ... > so that for an SSH connection only a trusted IP can connect. ...
    (Security-Basics)