Re: making telnet secure

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Sudarshan Soma <sudarshan12s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can I do this easily by just putting the appropriate encrypt/decrypt
functions , session key establishment code from ssh server to telnet
server.

Can you do it, yes. Easily, probably not.

Tunelling is one solution , i can think of . Is there any other easy
alternative for this apart from changing the telnet server code.

I would suggest wrapping the connection with stunnel is probably your
best option.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: inetd to take telnet request
    ... flavours of TELNET here - so I read on. ... I know about INETD only from long ago with the RS/6000 UNIX, ... server applications" in the CS IP Configuration Guide: ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Product for Running Embedded C# Application
    ... Telnet sessions or Web sessions with our Web server on the device and a lot ... There's a Telnet server available to Windows CE ... communicates with specific hardware and forwards data to a back end ...
  • Re: RDP access to SBS 2003 - HELP please
    ... Might I add that 'out of the box', when I first got the server it worked ... of it to the telnet prompt and quit. ... Try the remote desktop connection to see if it works. ... the effect that it can't connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 23. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Telnet session "Shell process may not have been launched" (Solution)
    ... this is a feature change in win2k3 server. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... >the 2003 Security Guide suggests you disable the service, ... but Telnet won't be functional without it. ...
  • RE: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipie
    ... In your details you are saying to type the following command ... > SMTP telnet session. ... When the issue happens again, in the Exchange Server, please telnet ... > times to close the connection to the server and leave the Telnet session ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)