From: Kosala Atapattu [mailto:kosala.atapattu@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:12 AM
To: Sharath Ballal
Cc: Christian Grunfeld; chaoson; secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Disable SSH authentication

Hi Sharath,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Sharath Ballal
<Sharath.Ballal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kosala ,

BTW, I'm not the originator of the request... it's chaoson.

You can still use SSH with PAM and skip both password and key
authentication by changing the following entry in /etc/pam.d/sshd file
and commenting other auth entries.

auth sufficient no_warn

i.e. Change the to "sufficient" in the auth category
and comment all others in this category (I guess even commenting other
entries may not be required since we made it "sufficient" but it has to
be the first entry, you can try that out).

I see this in my Ubuntu box.

# Disallow non-root logins when /etc/nologin exists.
account required

The description gives a different definition to

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Best Text Newsreader
    ... >zeebop wrote: ... >> I did post in plain text? ... Sorry to bother you. ... >commenting on. ...
  • Re: BBC-Womens health fuelling poverty
    ... I thought it was such complete rubbish that I didn't bother ... commenting on it. ... Men contribute to the taxation pool, ...
  • Re: Red Hat Commits To MITs $100 Laptop
    ... > You apparently didn't bother actually to *read* the article. ... > Helps actually to read it before commenting on it. ... LOL, geez, I guess I'll wait a few days for the feeding frenzy to subside but I reply to this reply... ...
  • Re: A new HO scale decal producer!
    ... I was just commenting on G.M.s comments. ... bother to visit. ... But if they only have modern RR decals, why do they use "Old" in their ...