Re: making telnet secure

If you want to use ssh, you have to use ssh, not telnet. ssh cannot
speak the telnet protocol.
You can use port forwarding. But, that is about it.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:17 AM, Sudarshan Soma <sudarshan12s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI ,
I have telnet server implemented on the server. Now i want the ssh
client to connect to this modified telnet server by adding
encryption/decryption functions in it.

Can I do this easily by just putting the appropriate encrypt/decrypt
functions , session key establishment code from ssh server to telnet
server.

Tunelling is one solution , i can think of . Is there any other easy
alternative for this apart from changing the telnet server code.

Please advice.

Best Regards,
Pavan

--
And, did Galoka think the Ulus were too ugly to save?
-Centauri

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Commentary on the seven words
    ... When I was an operating systems programmer we all too often forgot that the Operating system existed to support the application, not the other way around. ... A Because the application that we run uses a telnet client that doesn't support ssh - and that's why I can't run ssh on this system. ... I administrate one system that has 128 clients on it and it's ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Commentary on the seven words
    ... A Because the application that we run uses a telnet client that doesn't ... support ssh - and that's why I can't run ssh on this system. ... General Red Hat Linux discussion list ... >operating system and utility advice and assistance and there are SEVEN ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: I do not get ssh. Why is it more secure?
    ... How is this any more secure that plain old telnet? ... And, well, I just don't get the advantage of ssh ... If you put your ssh server on port 12345, it will be free from attacks. ... SSH connections, in the hands of someone who actually knows what they are doing, have the benefit of treating a remote machine as a remote machine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: connect two linux boxes by a crossover cable (Yu Sun)
    ... > I understand ssh is superior to telnet. ... > How do you know the Telnet server is running? ... >> installation of Linux automatically installs telnet ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Commentary on the seven words
    ... routinely asked to help with enabling rsh and telnet. ... Shoot, I use SSH & all that, but if I wanted to allow it for some ... > I wrote in with a complaint that Linux will allow a process (like Tar, ... I administrate one system that has 128 clients ...
    (RedHat)