Re: Disable SSH authentication

Hi Sharath,

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Sharath Ballal
<Sharath.Ballal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kosala ,

BTW, I'm not the originator of the request... it's chaoson.

You can still use SSH with PAM and skip both password and key authentication by changing the following entry in /etc/pam.d/sshd file and commenting other auth entries.

auth sufficient pam_nologin.so no_warn

i.e. Change the pam_nologin.so to "sufficient" in the auth category and comment all others in this category (I guess even commenting other entries may not be required since we made it "sufficient" but it has to be the first entry, you can try that out).

I see this in my Ubuntu box.

# Disallow non-root logins when /etc/nologin exists.
account required pam_nologin.so

The description gives a different definition to pam_nologin.so.

Kosala

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help with Sony STR-DE345 AV Receiver
    ... R736 is burned open on my unit and I can not read the color bands. ... (BTW, all should ignore my request for info on the MP1620 ... transistor. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Anyone got any ?????????
    ... Wally burst on the scene, ... on the news that there is quite a bit of the stuff about. ... BTW, this is not a request to have it sent here. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: YSI Request: Crucial Conflict
    ... >Silly rule. ... >(btw, I'm the poster formerly known as the chocolate / strong coffee ...
    (rec.music.hip-hop)
  • Resend meeting request
    ... I apparently declined a meeting. ... I asked the originator if they could resend ... I don't see how without sending everyone else the request ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: [PULL] x86 cpumask work
    ... BTW, I'm about to post the cpufreq and acpi cpumask-games-removal patches ...
    (Linux-Kernel)