Re: Disable SSH authentication

How about "PermitEmptyPasswords yes", and remove the password from the
user. Then I don't think you need the password.

Kosala

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:54 AM, chaoson <chaosonou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm running openssh-4.3p2.

I need to ability to run a command on trusted machine remotely. So far as I know, we can use two ways to login to remote machine:
1) Provide user name and password
2) Public key authentication

My question is that can we disable the SSH authentication so that we don't need to either provide user account or the public key? Does anyone has the idea? Thanks

雅虎邮箱,您的终生邮箱!
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/

--
Kosala
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this mail are my personal views and

Relevant Pages

  • [opensuse] FreeNX and public key authentication, problems logging in
    ... I only want public key authentication. ... I want NX to use a custom keypair, not the default supplied by FreeNX. ... KDE 4.3.4 (client and server) ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: public key vs passwd authentication?
    ... > I have a client that's turned off public key authentication. ... > examination of the security aspect, it'd make my job a lot easier/ ... http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm15.htm#2 Is cryptography where security took the wrong branch? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Putty to Windows sshd server authentication problem
    ... I am having difficulty with public key authentication between a Putty client on one host and a SSH-Textia Windows server on another host. ... 1488:Ssh2AuthPubKeyServer: Received public key not authorized by authorization file. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: sftp upload to Windows 2003 EFS directory fails (using public key authentication)
    ... Windows user accounts, doesn't call LSA for authentication and therefore ... cannot access the user key store to get EFS key. ... access to the EFS-encrypted directory - that might work with public key ... > When I upload a file (via sftp client with public key authentication) ...
  • OpenSSH_3.1p1 auth problems
    ... like to have public key authentication working. ... like to logon to Host-B FROM Host-A using public key auth. ... when I ssh on Host-A ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)