Re: Disable SSH authentication

You don't at all need to have a user account with telnet. As you said it's
an I/O redirection through sockets, so you can have written a perl script
or a C program (or anything really that can listen on sockets) that
listens on a sepcified port, and interprets commands send to it through a
telnet client connecting to that port.

You are only talking from client point of view. Obviously you can
connect a telnet client to every server you want but in case you want
a telnet sesion (in order to have a console for running commands) you
connect the telnet client to the telnet server which asks you for
authentication (user/pass).

If you connect a telnet client to a perl script or a C program or
something that listen on sockets you are saying the same as me ! !
Netcat is that server that listen on sockets.

And in my case I also use netcat as a client instead of a telnet client !

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Telnet Using C#
    ... A *full* implementation of a telnet client (with complete vt100 ... familiar with sockets, and is a reasonably simple "my first sockets ... General-purpose network utilities ... This is very inefficient and leads to a sluggish interface. ...
  • Re: open letter to the Google company, on the value of the scientific groups
    ... Or do you think listenning on sockets is restricted to user programs or malware? ... Windows, as every other OS, listens on not a few sockets by default, to provide a number of services. ... With the rise of home routers and demise of floppies, computers largely stopped having public IP addresses and an avenue for infections, so the scene calmed down somewhat - but then USB pens became ubiquitous and they're worse than floppies have ever been. ...
  • Re: inetd & inetd.conf
    ... SYNOPSIS ... It then listens for connections on certain internet ... When a connection is found on one of its sockets, ...
  • Re: [opensuse] running vsftpd on ipv4 and ipv6 ? [solved]
    ... # and listens on IPv4 sockets. ... # This directive enables listening on IPv6 sockets. ... To listen on IPv4 ... you must run two copies of vsftpd with two ...
  • Re: Passing file descriptors to child processes
    ... > I'm writing a network server that listens in its parent process, ... passes the open socket to one of many ... > children are all forked BEFORE the sockets are opened. ... > So how do I listen in a parent process and then have all the ...