making telnet secure

HI ,
I have telnet server implemented on the server. Now i want the ssh
client to connect to this modified telnet server by adding
encryption/decryption functions in it.

Can I do this easily by just putting the appropriate encrypt/decrypt
functions , session key establishment code from ssh server to telnet
server.

Tunelling is one solution , i can think of . Is there any other easy
alternative for this apart from changing the telnet server code.

Please advice.

Best Regards,
Pavan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is it possible to use libssh in properitary telnet
    ... it seems that we have to login twice which is ... If your original implementation is in C and assuming you mean "unacceptable", a library would certainly be the "proper" way to implement encryption in a proprietary application, because of the license. ... your application shouldn't break over SSH tunnels in the first place. ... our Telnet server or is there any other way?? ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: AIX script to process D3 login
    ... processes to properly terminate in the first place. ... whatever reason (user closing screen, dropped internet connection, ... I wish D3 could learn to work with a ssh ... D3 only has it's own telnet server on D3/NT (which ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: How do I start plain il telnet
    ... Nobody installs a telnet server by default anymore. ... Hopw do I set up ssh ... If you want to set up keys so you can ssh without ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Suse 9.1 and telnet server
    ... > If you really want a telnet server, it is started with xinet daemon. ... > wuold however advice you like James to use ssh insted. ... from a windowsbox, you have to install a SSH-client ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: disable telnet server in cisco router?
    ... transport input none ... if you want just ssh access ... to equipment supporting a way to turn off the telnet server using ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)