Re: Debian SSH problem

On Thursday 18 Sep 2008 6:35:15 am Bruno Cesar Ribas wrote:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 06:09:26AM +0530, J.Bakshi wrote:
On Thursday 18 Sep 2008 12:25:17 am Omar Salvador Alcalá Ruiz wrote:
Hi

You should check if the host exist in the hosts.allow file (commonly
under /etc). If not add it. It should work after that.

Just done it but no success :-( hosts.deny is also empty so it can't be
the culprit. Openssh is running without any problem with out touching
hosts.allow debian may have some different setting to enable sshd but I
hv no idea.

let us see the '-vvv' passed to ssh!

Thanks to everyone who suggest me to fix the Problem.
I have fixed it in a diffeernt way . I have added one line in the sshd_conf
file

ListenAddress < local IP of the lan card >

And now I can connect with ssh.

Thanks to all of you.

I have a bunch of machines running debian[1]. And i get this error only
when some problem to the rootfs ocurred, such as fs corruption or HD fail
and / were umounted.

[1]http://yoda.c3sl.ufpr.br/SDI/sumario.html

Tell me if it works. Regards