(/etc/ssh/sshd_config) i don`t remember the right line but you will
probably find it there

2008/9/17 J.Bakshi <bakshi12@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Thursday 18 Sep 2008 12:25:17 am Omar Salvador Alcalá Ruiz wrote:
Hi

You should check if the host exist in the hosts.allow file (commonly under
/etc). If not add it. It should work after that.

Just done it but no success :-( hosts.deny is also empty so it can't be the
culprit. Openssh is running without any problem with out touching hosts.allow
debian may have some different setting to enable sshd but I hv no idea.

Tell me if it works. Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of J.Bakshi
Sent: Wed 9/17/2008 7:13 PM
To: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Debian SSH problem

Dear list,

I am managing 3 remote server all based on suse. 2 based on suse 10.2 and
the one is based on suse 11.0. SSH are running on those server with out
any problem. I have recently installed debian lenny in my home server. The
openssh version of lenny is

OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

Now if I try to connect that home server I am getting as below

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
joy@debian:~$ ssh shiva.selfip.org -v
OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to shiva.selfip.org [203.171.240.55] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/joy/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/joy/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

I have never seen such thing in Suse. Could any one kindly suggest me the
reason behind it and how to solve this ?

Many Thanks