Re: Debian SSH problem

You should look your /etc/host.deny it probably have the entry "ALL:ALL"

2008/9/17 J.Bakshi <bakshi12@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear list,

I am managing 3 remote server all based on suse. 2 based on suse 10.2 and the
one is based on suse 11.0. SSH are running on those server with out any
problem. I have recently installed debian lenny in my home server. The
openssh version of lenny is

OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007

Now if I try to connect that home server I am getting as below

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
joy@debian:~$ ssh shiva.selfip.org -v
OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-2, OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Connecting to shiva.selfip.org [203.171.240.55] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/joy/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/joy/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never seen such thing in Suse. Could any one kindly suggest me the
reason behind it and how to solve this ?

Many Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Machine Building - Nightmare Alley - Compatibility and Upgrade
    ... On the other side I've been using Gigabyte boards with SuSE for years no ... graphic cards as the server terminal stays in text mode anyway. ... > department) that I will have to install their SuSe 9.1 distribution from ... Disks have a limited life time... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Suse 10 problems - SSH
    ... We're running Suse 10. ... Sunday evening at 11:01, the server started to ... even get onto the server using SSH or VNC. ... adress, then to an external IP adress, then to an internal domain name, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: e-mail
    ... Select the ones you want to allow, in your list imap server and pop3 ... For example lets say that your user name on your Suse is 'fred'. ... smtp: your normal smtp information for your ISP, nothing to do with the Suse at this stage. ... What I want to do is set up an old PC with egroupware or something similar to use as a Exchange type server thus freeing up my win2k machine so that I can run Linux with any essential windows software such as excel, databases and TurboCAD either running on WINE/Cedega or under a virtual machine. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Suse 10 problems - SSH
    ... Sunday evening at 11:01, the server started to ... even get onto the server using SSH or VNC. ... I hope it's just the SUSE Firewall at fault, though that's unlikely; since you can run yast, try to disable the firewall temporarily. ... If there is one, and there still exist appropriate modules for that kernel in /lib/modules, try to boot that kernel instead. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [SLE] Frequent system crashes on SuSE9,1 Pro
    ... I used to run Fedora ... SuSE seems to be doing the same thing. ... nor can I get any keyboard commands to stop the X server. ... box doesn't even respond to SSH requests. ...
    (SuSE)