Re: Deliberately create slow SSH response?

While it's probably not an option for most people, the pf firewall in OpenBSD
(and ported to FreeBSD) has settings that basically say after X login
attempts over some time period Y for a given IP address, block further
attempts for time period Z. It's highly configurable.

--
Jeff Simmons jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Simmons Consulting - Network Engineering, Administration, Security

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deliberately create slow SSH response?
    ... has settings that basically say after X login ... attempts for time period Z. It's highly configurable. ... the table on the fly, either by something that parses sshd logs, or by ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Tivo Alert: Apollo 11 Plus 40 on Turner Classic Movies
    ... similar time period (You ever notice that a LOT of media sci fi ... Not many shows ever have done settings ... I'm watching very little modern fare these days. ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Re: Purge license metering DB
    ... You can collapse the detail tables into summary records by time period, ... Settings include how often you summarize and how granular the suammry data ... -- "Michel Jouvin" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Configuring Account Security on Solaris 8
    ... > Can anyone help with some account problems my employer has set me as we ... > Set a time between login attempts. ... Used to determine how many failed login attempts will be ... Minimum time period before the password can be changed. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Configuring Account Security on Solaris 8
    ... > Doug wrote: ... > and multiple failed login attempts atLOG_CRIT. ... > Minimum time period before the password can be changed. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)