Re: SSH VPN trouble

Hi Laci,

I think regardless of the technology you use to connect two networks
(unless bridging two networks?) you'll need them to have different IP
address ranges. Think about it from a routing point of view.

Also, do you mean 192.168.1.0/24 ? Anything address higher than
192.168.255.255 shouldn't be used as a private network, you should use
10.0.0.0/8 instead.

Regards,
David

"László Monda" <laci@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/07/2008 08:55 PM

secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
SSH VPN trouble

Hi List,

I'm trying to build an SSH VPN based on the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH_VPN Ubuntu howto, but can't get
it done.

After setting up the VPN and trying to connect to the remote host
which is now on my virtual network I realize that I actually connect
to localhost.

This may be because the remote network and the local network are both
192.168.1.0/8. Do the network adresses of the networks in question
need to differ?

Thanks in advance!

--
Laci <http://monda.hu>