Re: SSH VPN trouble

Hi Laci,

I think regardless of the technology you use to connect two networks
(unless bridging two networks?) you'll need them to have different IP
address ranges. Think about it from a routing point of view.

Also, do you mean 192.168.1.0/24 ? Anything address higher than
192.168.255.255 shouldn't be used as a private network, you should use
10.0.0.0/8 instead.

Regards,
David

"László Monda" <laci@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/07/2008 08:55 PM

secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
SSH VPN trouble

Hi List,

I'm trying to build an SSH VPN based on the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH_VPN Ubuntu howto, but can't get
it done.

After setting up the VPN and trying to connect to the remote host
which is now on my virtual network I realize that I actually connect
to localhost.

This may be because the remote network and the local network are both
192.168.1.0/8. Do the network adresses of the networks in question
need to differ?

Thanks in advance!

--
Laci <http://monda.hu>

Relevant Pages

  • SSH VPN trouble
    ... I'm trying to build an SSH VPN based on the ... After setting up the VPN and trying to connect to the remote host ... This may be because the remote network and the local network are both ... Laci ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: SSH VPN trouble
    ... the network should be the same on both ends but tunnel interfaces ... The tunnel interfaces obviously must be ... My experience is that SSH VPN doesn't work in this situation, ... Laci ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: SSH VPN trouble
    ... should be diferent. ... I'm trying to build an SSH VPN based on the ... After setting up the VPN and trying to connect to the remote host ... which is now on my virtual network I realize that I actually connect ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Alert Configuration Error, please explain.
    ... I plugged the external ISA interface into this switch. ... ranges that are not defined in the array-level network ... The following IP address ranges will be dropped as spoofed: ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Alert Configuration Error, please explain.
    ... ranges that are not defined in the array-level network ... The following IP address ranges will be dropped as spoofed: ... I don't know what an "array-level network Internal" is ... The routing table for the network adapter INTERNAL includes IP address ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)