SSH VPN trouble

Hi List,

I'm trying to build an SSH VPN based on the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH_VPN Ubuntu howto, but can't get
it done.

After setting up the VPN and trying to connect to the remote host
which is now on my virtual network I realize that I actually connect
to localhost.

This may be because the remote network and the local network are both
192.168.1.0/8. Do the network adresses of the networks in question
need to differ?

Thanks in advance!

--
Laci <http://monda.hu>

Relevant Pages

  • Was I hacked?
    ... My system is running Mandriva LE 2005.) ... I have ADSL and a small home network running behind a 3com OfficeConnect ... REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! ... Password authentication is disabled to avoid man-in-the-middle attacks. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Help me to diagnose !!!
    ... >Remote Host: Mailserver(I omit the ip here) ... >Remote Port: 445 ... but more likely is a simple "network neighborhood search". ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Help me to diagnose !!!
    ... >Remote Host: Mailserver(I omit the ip here) ... >Remote Port: 445 ... but more likely is a simple "network neighborhood search". ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Cant print through Terminal Services?
    ... a remote host to which they connect with Terminal Services. ... They have two network printers in their office ... For those of you who run VB apps remotely through Terminal Services, ...
  • Re: SSH VPN trouble
    ... the network should be the same on both ends but tunnel interfaces ... The tunnel interfaces obviously must be ... My experience is that SSH VPN doesn't work in this situation, ... Laci ...
    (SSH)