From: László Monda <laci@xxxxxxxx>
To: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:26:50 AM
Subject: Pattern specification trouble

Hi List,

`man ssh' says:

----8<----

A pattern-list is a comma-separated list of patterns. Patterns within
pattern-lists may be negated by preceding them with an exclamation mark
(‘!’). For example, to allow a key to be used from anywhere within an
organisation except from the “dialup” pool, the following entry (in
authorized_keys) could be used:

from="!*.dialup.example.com,*.example.com"

----8<----

It is confusing to me because it specifies pattern syntax in the context
of authorized_keys. I want to use patterns with the Host directive in
~/.ssh/config

I've tried to use the following directives with no success:

Host "wondeer.com,*.wondeer.com"
Host wondeer.com,*.wondeer.com
Host from="wondeer.com,*.wondeer.com"

How should I use the damn thing?

Thanks in advance.

--
Laci

  • Re: Disabling access to SSH
    ... > but which ssh are you using? ... This keyword can be followed by a list of user name patterns, ... By default, login is ... then USER and HOST are separately checked, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Pattern specification trouble
    ... for the Host declaration in .ssh/config you would need to check `man ssh_config`. ... ~/.ssh/config and private keys are for the ssh client configuration. ... A pattern-list is a comma-separated list of patterns. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: restricted users
    ... This keyword can be followed by a list of user name patterns, ... used as wildcards in the patterns. ... By default, login is ... If the pattern takes the form USER@HOST then USER and HOST are ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: BLOCK SSH FOR CERTAIN USERS
    ... This keyword can be followed by a list of user name patterns, ... login is allowed for all ... HOST are separately checked, restricting logins to particular ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: How to deny on ssh
    ... (I've just re-checked it under AIX 5.1 and 5.2) ... user names that match one of the patterns. ... login is allowed for all users. ... pattern takes the form USER@HOST then USER and HOST are ...
    (comp.unix.aix)