Re: Did any of you ever see a machine compromised by remote root? (Was Re: Allowing remote root login seems to be bad.)

http://www.trustem.com/

  • Re: Setting permissions of ssh access
    ... my main goal is to use rsync-backup once I have a good test case going. ... It struck me as odd as well, and I am going to go back to pushing the data from the machines out to the single backup machine, which I can section off to not even be accessible to the outside world. ... As I go through this process, I will document it, as there were some pretty strange thins happening with sshd_conf and not letting me have a root login. ... static command on the backup server's side, ...
    (SSH)
  • [Summary] ufsdump, solaris 9 & RBAC not working correctly
    ... server, and I don't want to have root logging in on the remote server, I ... etc. and key exchange setup for backup user. ... ufsdump, solaris 9 & RBAC not working correctly ... I thought suid was suid. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Can "/etc/rc.conf" be replaced with a symlink?
    ... > I changed fstab so that my data partition would supposely mount ... > before root, moved/symlink'd rc.conf, and rebooted. ... and you can only work from root to recover (which doesn't get hosed as ... though you can do a standard install and untar a backup ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: accident: "rm core *"
    ... >> put my backups on a network disk, but root does not have permission... ... So I ran reoback as myself. ... > designed only to backup either locally or via FTP, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: 100% used / file system. Help!