RE: Named Pipe!

I had an instance this morning on an AIX box with openssh 4.5 where this file appeared:

prwxr-x---   1 bacskaik system            0 22 May 09:59 ssh_sync_pty

in the /tmp directory. The user who owns it says they did nothing out of the ordinary, but once it existed all users in the "secure" unix group could not log in until I moved this file out of the way. I tried to find information on it, specifically how it gets created and what it's purpose would have been but I cannot find anything.

Does anyone know about it?

Cheers!

Sam

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If this message contains password-protected or encrypted attachments, the files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain. Always scan attachments before opening them.

ING Direct NV is limited liability company incorporated in The Netherlands. Registered in England & Wales, Branch Ref BR7357, 410 Thames Valley Park Drive, Reading, Berkshire, RG6 1RH.

  • CERT Advisory CA-2004-02 Email-borne Viruses
    ... CERT Advisory CA-2004-02 Email-borne Viruses ... Source: CERT/CC ... Unsolicited email messages containing attachments are sent ... A virus infection can have significant consquences on your computer ...
    (Cert)
  • CERT Advisory CA-2004-02 Email-borne Viruses
    ... CERT Advisory CA-2004-02 Email-borne Viruses ... Source: CERT/CC ... Unsolicited email messages containing attachments are sent ... A virus infection can have significant consquences on your computer ...
    (Cert)
  • Re: SMTP activity
    ... All corporate anti-virus software has the ability to remove attachments ... attachments which are known to carry viruses. ... There are little protection against day-zero viruses. ... by applying proper policy, which with AD is a fairly uncomplicated task. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: RAID Question
    ... This message has been checked for all known viruses. ... The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential ... parties without the prior permission of the originator. ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ...
  • Re: Migrating from Exchange
    ... >> any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this ... >> Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. ... >> files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the Nordix mail domain. ...
    (RedHat)