Re: Windows Ownership

I tried freeSSHd, but the problem still occurred.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 9:25 AM, s3c. b3n <securitybender@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Try freeSSHd (http://www.freesshd.com/). It's a free SSH daemon for
windows and has a small footprint and it allows NT or simple hash
based authentication.

Regards

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Danny Kutner <getisboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just got OpenSSH running through Cygwin and there are some ownership
issues. It seems that any file I create over ssh is then owned by the
host user (DELL4550\Family), not the client computer
(DELLNOTEBOOK05\Family). This creates problems when running backup
programs that utilize ssh.

Is there a way to correct this?
Thanks.

--
- Danny

Relevant Pages

  • Re: fish to winXP in konqueror?
    ... I have installed freeSSHd for winXP that also supports sftp but I just get an error when I try to log into my winxp machine. ... If I do SSH from a shell to winxp it works fine: ... Then it should work with ssh winbox and fish://winbox ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: fish to winXP in konqueror?
    ... But the log file in freeSSHd does not contain any errors: ... 16:14:27 IP 192.168.1.101 SSH mosen disconnected. ... fish actually downloads a small Perl script to help it do it's ssh / scp ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
    ... >> ssh -L) ... JM> in seperate DOS console windows in this order: ... I'm using the 3.8 version of OpenSSH. ... >> Kerberos ticket, or your password in order to acquire one. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
    ... >> ssh -L) ... JM> in seperate DOS console windows in this order: ... >> Kerberos ticket, or your password in order to acquire one. ... JM> We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: FC6 VPN
    ... Then you can run any application you would like off the server by simply running it, or if you want to run a whole session, use gnomesession. ... ssh client that supports X forwarding, which is want you want to be looking at. ... SSH allows you to forward any local port to any remote port. ... If you need to connect to, say a windows share, you would forward your local port to the linux server through the ssh tunnel. ...
    (Fedora)