Re: Building openssh source code in Visual Studio

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 23:20 +0000, swetha.mani@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

I have just joined this group. I have downloaded the ssh windows
source code ( for cygwin ) from sourceforgenet
(http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/download/) . I am trying to get it
to build in Visual Studio , but am getting a lot of errors with the
linux header files being used in the code. an example is

Error 1: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/socket.h': No such file or directory

This isn't a "linux" header file. It is a standard POSIX header file
(and it is proper to #include it in Cygwin) that all UNIX-like systems
are expected to have. Cygwin *does* have this header, you need to use
the proper include path.

My development environment is Windows XP with cygwin and VS2005.

Your Visual Studio 2005 environment needs to be set up to use the Cygwin
GCC compiler, linker, and needs the cygwin library and include paths
properly configured in it to work. I've never used Visual Studio 2005
for anything. I don't even know if you can build against cygwin (or any
non-MicroSoft environment) with VS2005. Try using GCC instead.

Thanks in advance,
Swetha

--
Coleman Kane

  • Seeking mock object generator
    ... using cygwin? ... I did find two .exes, ... generate the XML it blew up on a very straightforward header file. ... need for one whic runs under windows and a longer term (a few months ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: Regarding Lisp/Scheme
    ... I would say if you're planning on selling a game written in lisp then ... games without the source code. ... You can compile without it, but the problem is, the Cygwin toolchain has many stacked libraries that are built with it by default. ... MinGW environments are damn difficult to reproduce, there's so much build labor involved because it's the *Minimalist* GNU for Windows. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: possible problem with scp/ssh/telnet
    ... Cygwin isn't really a "Windows thing" in the sense I meant, and certainly code is out there. ... As many people know I'm not shy about cracking source code and even had some patches accepted into the kernel, at least the "-ac" kernels as lately as the 2.5 development process. ... Traditional closed source Windows OS and apps go back to the "dead chicken" school of programming. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Cygwin question
    ... cygwin license from Red Hat. ... If you are a commerci ... l entity (and do not want to disclose all your source code) you have ... May I distribute the source code of your compiler and ...
    (comp.lang.c)