ssh error_Local: Bad packet length 1349676916

Hello everyone,

while i was using ssh from local machine to remote and vice versa,i am
getting the following error.

error message
ssh srinu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had different ssh versions on local & remote this causing the

local machine ssh version:
ssh -V

OpenSSH_4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.00.000, HP-UX Secure Shell version

remote machine ssh version
SSH Version 1.2.27 [hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version. Does not use RSAREF.

Actually i am using rsync tool to copy files from remote server to local
server,there it is required to use ssh along with rsync.

by using putty tool i am able to ssh in to these 2 servers separately.but
when ever i was trying to use ssh from local machine to remote machime or
vice versa i am getting following error.

could you please somebody provide the solution/'s very urgent.

with warmregards,
Sent from the SSH (Secure Shell) mailing list archive at

Relevant Pages

  • [opensuse] we dont need no stinkin dbus...(was Re: progs failing due dbus dependency additions;)
    ... in the local client before 'ssh', ... the remote client. ... On both machines meld works remotely. ... it locally from my local machine rather than brining up firefox over X... ...
  • Re: rsync with public/private keys/no passwords
    ... I have obtained some experience on ssh recently; ... If there are two remote machines to be accessed by the local ... machine via ssh and the private keys are stored as "A.id_rsa" and ... >> on the local machine ...
  • Re: rsync and ssh simple question
    ... I use this method to back up 20 remote ... >> i'm using rsync with ssh to connect to a remote host ... >> ssh to ask for password before opening the connexion. ... > local machine and copy the contents into an ssh keys ...
  • Re: telnet session problem
    ... telnet and getting the application window to appear on my local machine ... I know there is a command that enables the window to be ... The easiest and safest way to do this is to use ssh and let it forward ... remote box, and X connections will be forwarded through ssh. ...
  • Re: High latency shell environment
    ... > I've been doing just fine using ssh over 1000ms latency connections ... as a front end to your 'ssh'. ... This means that editing the command line is ... them to your local machine, edit them, and copy them back. ...