Re: SQL Server through SSH

ianadavies wrote, On 3/1/2008 3:43 PM:

I am trying to access my mssql server through SSH but without much joy.

My SQL 2005 server is on a local ip of 192.168.1.5. My SSH server is on a
local ip of 192.168.1.7 which i access through port 22 on my router via
dyndns. My SSH server is a ARM cpu based NSLU2 running debian

I tunnel in and setup port forwarding in putty as follows

L1433 192.168.1.5:1433 and then point my connection string to (local)

However when i try to create a connection i get PreHandshakeLogin()
Failiure. Do I need to setup some ip table routing to make this work? please
be verbose with your replies as I am quite new to this port forwarding
stuff.

mssql or mysql ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: newbie question on port forwarding(and ssh, netcat)
    ... Divide the problem into two parts: the simplest way to check port ... from your laptop try ssh. ... as the ssh server treats different interfaces separately. ... The long-term solution is to disable passwords and use public-private ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sendmail log question?
    ... it was the latest FC8 update. ... kiddiez and 'bots that know that SSH servers only exist on port 22. ... firewall to temporarily open some other port (where the SSH server is ... This is much less common today, ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Remote Control PC behind broadband router?
    ... You could run the SSH server on the XP box or some LINUX ... Otherwise you can also port forward more than one port through your router ... you really need to check with your office network ...
  • Re: Do I need a VPN?
    ... across a 3G connection. ... Run an SSH server on your local PC - OpenSSH in your case, ... Perhaps put it on port 443 in case the provider blocks SSH etc. ... Schedule an outbound connect to your SSH server on the remote PC. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: SSHD: Limit login attempt rate
    ... to only allow three authentication attempts per connection, ... sure of is that you must only run an SSH server on port 22. ... connection attempts, and can then open what-ever port you have hidden ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)