Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1

--- Darren Tucker <dtucker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

wc wong wrote:
[...]
For outgoing ssh session, I added the line
"Protocol
2" in the ssh_config file of server1 trying to
disable
ssh session using version 1 from sending out
server1.
From the server1, I tried "ssh -1 user@hostname"
force it to ssh to a remote server hostname using
version 1. The ssh session proceeded as normal
with
version 1. Hence, I could not use the same way to
configure ssh_config to disable outgoing ssh
session
using version 1.

Do you have any "Protocol" lines in
$HOME/.ssh/config? Those will take
precedence over those in the globabl config file.

No, I don't have a $HOME/.ssh/config file.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs