Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1

--- Darren Tucker <dtucker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

wc wong wrote:
[...]
$HOME/.ssh/config? Those will take
precedence over those in the globabl config file.

No, I don't have a $HOME/.ssh/config file.

That's kinda odd, what you're doing should work. Is
ssh loading the
config file you think it is? (verify with ssh -v
whatever). Is ssh
aliased to something like "ssh -2", or is there
another "ssh" program in
your path?

No, no ssh alias or other ssh program.

The problem I have is for "Protocol 2" in ssh_config
file for outgoing ssh session. The "Protocol 2" in
sshd-config file works fine for incoming ssh session.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 8FF4FA69 / D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4 37C9

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Open SSH, sshd_config on FreeBSD vs. NetBSD re: X11
    ... It seems the NetBSD default is safer, ... can lead to loss of your ssh keys. ... any uncommented option in the config file is a local modification. ... from the command line or by having your own defaults settings ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: openssh-3.4p1 rejects all passwords
    ... > Looks like installing this was a major mistake, ... The new ssh works calling out from this ... > I can verify that sshd reads it, so I'm editing the right config file. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • openssh-3.4p1 rejects all passwords
    ... Looks like installing this was a major mistake, ... The new ssh works calling out from this RedHat ... I can verify that sshd reads it, so I'm editing the right config file. ... I do (aside from obvious syntax errors) seems to produce any change in sshd's ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1
    ... precedence over those in the globabl config file. ... That's kinda odd, ... Is ssh loading the config file you think it is? ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: wrapper script to use cvs/scp through a ssh gateway
    ... > ssh session no ssh tunnel ... > ssh session ssh tunnel through ssh ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)