Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1

Hi,

I understand that we can disable SSH Protocol version
1 in sshd_config file by adding the line "Protocol 2".
This merely rejects incoming ssh session using Version
1.

However, when I tried to disable outgoing ssh session
from using Version 1 by adding the line "Protocol 2"
in ssh_config file, it did not work. Is there any way
to disable outgoing ssh session from using Version 1?

Thanks,
John

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

  • Re: password aging on FreeBSD with OpenSSH 3.6.1p2
    ... When the password is expired the ssh session ... > immediately closes after authentication but does not provide an ... openssh-portable port, not the openssh that is part of the base OS. ... aging works differently in protocol 1 vs. protocol 2. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1
    ... in sshd_config file by adding the line "Protocol 2". ... This merely rejects incoming ssh session using Version ... when I tried to disable outgoing ssh session ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1
    ... On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, wc wong wrote: ... from using Version 1 by adding the line "Protocol 2" ... to disable outgoing ssh session from using Version 1? ... Jeremy C. Reed ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1
    ... server1. ... configure ssh_config to disable outgoing ssh ... Do you have any "Protocol" lines in ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (SSH)