Authentication to SSHd server

Hi guys,

I wanna know if it is possible to force authentication to a OpenSSH
server by a password and by a RSA Key(With a Passphrase on it). In
this manner, it would be impossible for a attacker to brute force just
the password to get credential of the SSH server.

Thanks for your help

The OpenSSH version I use is the Latest Stable Release (4.7)

--
Sam

Relevant Pages

  • force to use passphrase instead of password?
    ... I have used openssh for a while. ... it askes for passphrase and sometimes it asks for password even when I ... The server runs openssh-3.1p1 on redhat 6.2. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Require passphrase on private key to log on
    ... >to the server via ssh using public key authentication have a ... >passphrase on their key. ... If you're using OpenSSH, I think you'd be better off setting up your ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Announce: OpenSSH 4.2 released
    ... OpenSSH 4.2 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: GSSAPI SSH WIN 2003
    ... OpenSSH does not have this flexibility. ... server that does; it is one of the most long-standing inadequacies of most ... used publickey authentication, for the simple reasons that it's ... > group will get Service ticket for my HP-UX box. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Announce: OpenSSH 4.3 released
    ... OpenSSH 4.3 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ...
    (SSH)