Re: sftp + chroot

Hmm... But as I suppose it requires /dev/null in chroot and I have
/home mounted using nodev option.
The best (secure) way for me is waiting when developers include this
feature in openssh release.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Jon R. Kibler <Jon.Kibler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bambero wrote:
> Hello
>
> I wan't to only ask becouse I have seen information about
> sftp-server chroot in CVS.
> Is it really true that version 4.8 will contain this feature ?
> I hope it will be included in OpenBSD release too ...
>
> Are there any known terms about 4.8 release ?
>
> Many thanks for developers.
>
> Regards,
> Bambero

http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/

Used it for years. Works great for ssh, scp, and sftp.

--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer

http://www.trustem.com/

  • Re: Giving limited access to remote FTP user via vsftpd
    ... I always chroot the user. ... chroot the user, then create symblink in the users home directory, to ... but is a wonderful feature if you use it right. ... get a custom view of FTP that can follow any path I let them into. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Init.c, making it chroot
    ... :> For this to work, i'd like to know at what point do i call chroot(), ... DVD-ROM with FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD on it. ... I decided to add the feature to DragonFly BSD's ... that a committer will pick it up. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: sys_chroot+sys_fchdir Fix
    ... chroots into a directory and starts fsvs. ... For DSO loading there is many better ways to load own DSO. ... Though is this feature described in chroot() manpage, I have not noticed that any serious project uses it. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Init.c, making it chroot
    ... /etc/rc again in the chrooted enviroment? ... DVD-ROM with FreeBSD and DragonFly BSD on it. ... I decided to add the feature to DragonFly BSD's ... The chroot() patch has been committed with r1.6. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)