Re: who does not report any output with OpenSSH v4.5p1

Hello Everyone,

I have this peculiar problem where in who does not
list the right output or even no output. This is
however not the case when I login over telnet or even
HPUX Secure Shell (built on OpenSSH version 4.3p2)
(OpenSSH_4.3p2-hpn, OpenSSL 0.9.7i 14 Oct 2005
HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.30.007, HP-UX Secure Shell
version)

Notice that I am not identified as my user id; az8793
and user bi5822 is not even logged on. I have moved
/var/adm/wtmp and wtmps and touched them already.

I am running OpenSSH v4.5p1 and OpenSSL 0.9.8d on HPUX
11iv2 IA64:

What happens if you disable the privilege separation.

-logu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ssh2 command line with out password
    ... > We use the Secure Shell TM version 3.2 windows client to connect to ... replace the rather expensive commercial tool with OpenSSH as part of ... ssh-agent to store the unlocked private key in RAM only. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Password authentication fails
    ... OpenSSH 3.5p1 ... password authentication with Secure Shell, ... My sshd_config allows password auth. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • who does not report any output with OpenSSH v4.5p1
    ... HPUX Secure Shell (built on OpenSSH version 4.3p2) ... After login with my user id and switching to root, ... Now I logout and issue same commands: ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: sshd. "UseDNS no" ignored?
    ... contains both download URLs and "Non-commercial license agreement for SSH Secure Shell for Servers" link. ... that implements those useful features missing in OpenSSH). ...
    (freebsd-stable)