Re: ssh connection stop at "debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent" - problem with linux 2.6 and vista

Thank a lot,
Yes.
The problem is still alive for me and eighter with your hints I was not able
to solve it.

GSSAPIKeyExchange no
gives me also an error (probably is only for windows version?)

thanks again,

By

dkensiski wrote:

So I'm not sure if you're still having this problem or not (it is 2 months
later), but I have been fighting with it myself for several months and
have gotten nowhere. In my case, the delay was caused by my local SSH
client trying to look up Kerberos credentials, but I am not using
Kerberos! I was able to resolve the issue by simply adding the following
to the end of /etc/ssh_config:

GSSAPIAuthentication no
GSSAPIKeyExchange no

No restart necessary -- the next time you initate an SSH conneciton, it
should take effect.

I had one or two stubborn systems where it still happened and I resolved
those by putting the same lines in /etc/sshd_config so it changed the way
the server behaves. In this case, you'll have to restart the SSH daemon
for the changes to take effect.

Hope it helps!
--Dave

  • Re: openssh + kerberos + windows ad
    ... You need to have a proper keytab for ssh to use GSSAPI authentication. ... doesnt recognises GSSAPIKeyExchange and GSSAPITrustDNS options. ... Linux machine and login automatically with Kerberos. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: openssh + kerberos + windows ad
    ... Unfortunately i cant use IRC here, as i imagine i dont have any keytab file ... doesnt recognises GSSAPIKeyExchange and GSSAPITrustDNS options. ... reply" DEBUG message and the ssh tries password auth. ... Linux machine and login automatically with Kerberos. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: openssh + kerberos + windows ad
    ... I used Windows to create the key and added it to /etc/krb5.keytab with ktutil. ... doesnt recognises GSSAPIKeyExchange and GSSAPITrustDNS options. ... A while ago I created the same construction that you want: ssh to a Linux ... machine and login automatically with Kerberos. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: openssh + kerberos + windows ad
    ... Thaks for your help, my sshd_config options match yours, sshd_config ... doesnt recognises GSSAPIKeyExchange and GSSAPITrustDNS options. ... A while ago I created the same construction that you want: ssh to a Linux ... machine and login automatically with Kerberos. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: sshd hangs after SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent - Fedora Core 5 update
    ... Kerberos credentials, but you are probably not using Kerberos. ... to resolve the issue by simply adding the following to the end of ... GSSAPIAuthentication no ... No restart necessary -- the next time you initate an SSH conneciton, ...
    (SSH)