Re: sshd hangs after SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent - Fedora Core 5 update

The "No credentials found" error is because your client is trying to look up
Kerberos credentials, but you are probably not using Kerberos. I was able
to resolve the issue by simply adding the following to the end of

GSSAPIAuthentication no
GSSAPIKeyExchange no

No restart necessary -- the next time you initate an SSH conneciton, it
should take effect.

I had one or two stubborn systems where it still happened and I resolved
those by putting the same lines in /etc/sshd_config so it changed the way
the server behaves. In this case, you'll have to restart the SSH daemon for
the changes to take effect.

Hope it helps!

Sent from the SSH (Secure Shell) mailing list archive at

Relevant Pages