OS user defined in LDAP and sftp performance.

Hi,

Environment :

OS : AIX 5.3
OpenSSH : 4.3p2

When logging in using ssh with a user defined in LDAP, the 'ls -l' of any given directory is done within seconds.
When giving the 'ls -l' command via a sftp session, this can take upto minutes (depending on the amount of entries in the directory).
This is not an issue with the sftp client, as I've tested several sftp clients (OpenSSH, F-Secure and WinSCP) and all have the same problem.
It seems that the issue has to do with the combination of the user being defined in LDAP and sftp.
To be clear, this even happens when the owners of the files/directories that are being displayed with the 'ls -l' command are local users.

Did anyone come across this issue or anything like it?
Thanks in advance for any insight given in this matter.

Kind regards,
Mark van Huijstee

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [FreeBsd 7.0] Openldap server - client / error with openssl - openssh
    ... I just found security upgrade openssh, but don't running on my ldap ... Openldap server - client / error with openssl - openssh ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • SUMMARY: OpenSSH and Solaris PAM
    ... with PAM and my LDAP users can login now. ... However, for LDAP to work properly, I had to modify my pam.conf slightly, ... > I wonder if anyone has succeeded with making OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 to work ... It works fine with Sun SSH but the OpenSSH completely ignores it. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: RHEL3, RHEL4, openssh and openldap
    ... Two things I forgot to add: using Webmin, *it* thinks that the RHEL3 box ... under LDAP clients, ... RHEL3, RHEL4, openssh and openldap ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Openssh 4.2p1 and Openssh3.6.1 compatibility
    ... The reason being, SFTP client of ... ... This option has been removed in openssh ... I suppose the package names of 3.6.1 and 4.1 are different so they ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: ssh.com and pam
    ... using ssh.com's version of ssh to use LDAP for PAM authentication. ... successful using OpenSSH. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)