ssh client read only mode

Hi all,

I am looking for ways to have the openssh client [1] run in a read only
environment nicely. Will there be an option or flag to avoid
creation/edition any of files of the base system?

The reason I am asking is that command strings like [2] will for example
not stop the ~/.ssh creation attempt [3] as looked at the code in for
example the current trunk or else, which forces me to use a lower
LogLevel to avoid the output of this message, which just does not seems
pretty to me ;-)

/Rick

[1] Various versions in use:
[rick@traffie] ~ $ ssh -V
OpenSSH_4.2p1 FreeBSD-20050903, OpenSSL 0.9.7e-p1 25 Oct 2004
rick@zodac:~$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_4.6p1 Debian-5build1, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
rick@dellas:~ $ ssh -V
OpenSSH_4.5p1 FreeBSD-20061110, OpenSSL 0.9.7e-p1 25 Oct 2004
[2] ssh -n -T -o "LogLevel=FATAL" -o "BatchMode=yes" -o
[3] Could not create directory '<home>/.ssh'.

Relevant Pages

  • RFC: Exporting NOCMTIME to userspace
    ... I'm currently investigating various techniques to lessen the block erase ... and I'd like to avoid updating the inodes ... this flag is not currently exported to userspace. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Required Fields
    ... There's no flag like that but you could invoke validation differently -- ... To avoid the Save Changes? ... "Jerry Camel" wrote in message ... > Is there a way to programatically turn on the required flag for a ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms)
  • Re: I am not a number!
    ... Several times I said that I would most certainly not avoid someone who ... If I saw a young British socialite woman burning our ... more negative feelings than if I saw a poor Iranian woman burning an ... Iranian flag. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: set_page_dirty races (was: Re: [patch 2/4] vfs: add set_page_dirty_notag)
    ... Phew! ... also be used to balance that. ... somewhere to avoid the lock if the underlying filesystem doesn't ... For gup_fast that pretty much implies an extra page flag I think. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: VB6 Option Group
    ... Use appropreate nomenclature (VB checkboxes do not have an OnClick ... To avoid the loop you'll need to set a flag to indicate that it was your ...