Re: Restricted (ksh -r) shell and SSH on AIX5.1

On 11/20/2007 08:03 PM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Set user's shell to /usr/bin/ksh -r)

Now, every time he tries to log in via either ssh *or* sftp, I get the
following showing up in the syslog:

Nov 19 10:21:09 hostname sshd[811106]: User bogus not allowed because
shell /usr/bin/ksh -r is not executable

It is literally with a space and -r. You don't use command line arguments in the passwd(5) file.

Anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something stupidly simple? (and yes,
/usr/bin/ksh *is* executable)

ls -l "/usr/bin/ksh -r"

Maybe you can make a script rksh that runs ksh -r. Some systems already have a rksh for restricted ksh. (Check if you already have rksh.)
ln -s /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/rksh

Relevant Pages