Re: Need Helo With ssh

try ssh -v .....

Kosala

On Nov 17, 2007 12:20 AM, VenuP <venu.pola@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My Application tries to ssh to a system, which is alive and i can ping to
it, but my ssh command hangs and doesn't respond for hours.
I tried the -o ConnectTimeout option, but this works only for machines that
are not around. For example
ssh -o connectTimeout=5 root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx times out in 5 seconds.

My case is a little different, I know a machine exists but there is some
problem with that and its not answering my ssh request. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Kosala
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this mail are my personal views and
they would not reflect views of the employer.
blog.kosala.net
www.linux.lk/~kosala/
www.kosala.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can Exceed connect to linux (running Gnome) through SSH?
    ... > -These machines are in two separate physical locations and separated ... Each firewall allows SSH ... Now start xterm and you should see a window pop up" ... > I simply log in through the Gnome login screen and it works. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • (no subject)
    ... > -These machines are in two separate physical locations and separated ... Each firewall allows SSH ... Now start xterm and you should see a window pop up" ... > I simply log in through the Gnome login screen and it works. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: SSH: remote login returns "invalid user"
    ... out what my hosting service has to say. ... So I could ssh to www.hartley-consultants.com and arrive at one machine or ssh to mail.hartley-consultants.com and arrive at another. ... Inside my home network I have a number of machines on a lan. ... Now, as has been mentioned above, NAT is a technique to allow a single ip address to support several machines to make OUTGOING connections. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: network???
    ... > My son and I are newbies to linux and suse 9.2 pro. ... Next do `ping 192.168.0.138` or whatever the IP of the router is. ... Next you do `ssh login@localhost` on both machines. ... The next thing to do is name the machines. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Did I give up on telnet too easily?
    ... > If ssh is to be considered 'more secure' than telnet, ... have a mixture of Debian, Red Hat, Trustix, Tru64 Unix, and HP-UX machines. ... theirs isn't OpenSSH based, so it wouldn't have needed updating). ... > etc.) I think a better approach would be to use telnet for remote access. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)