How do you globally set environment variables for remote execution through ssh?

I am trying to exec a script remotely through ssh from x86 Solaris 8 OpenSSH
4.4 to SPARC Solaris 10 Sun_SSH 1.1. I can set an environment variable in
$HOME/.ssh/environment but need to have this set globally for every user. I
know that ssh does not run any of the usual login files for a remotely
executed program but the has to be some file where global item may be set.
Apparently Sun_SSH does not look at the system ssh config files either, like
/etc/ssh/environment.

  • Re: Recent OpenSSH releases not reading .bashrc for ssh commands
    ... their .bashrc will no longer get them without engaging in..... ... ssh can invoke bash without it then reading .bashrc. ... which svn", the .bashrc is no longer read. ... you're on RHEL 5, you've installed an updated OpenSSH, and you try to ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
    ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: two SSH compatibility scenarios: can it work?
    ... We are required to use SSH to log into the Engineering lab machines. ... > server software displays this header upon telnet connection to port 22. ... I still use Windows on my notebook for application compatibility. ... > running OpenSSH 3.4p1. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh compatability issues
    ... >> without keeping two versions of ssh around on my home computer. ... running the OpenSSH server that comes with Solaris ... By 'some old security problems with that' I was not sure if you meant ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Solaris 9 SSH: HostbasedAuthentication?
    ... > Subject: Solaris 9 SSH: HostbasedAuthentication? ... > authentication. ... I'm gathering that the OpenSSH version it's based on didn't have ...
    (Focus-SUN)