Re: Propagating terminal settings

Sipos,

Three options:
1) A short 'expect' script
2) Modify your login script of the target machine to detect a login
from your primary PC (env SSH_TTY, SSH_CLIENT, etc.).
3) Write your own interface to set the terminal environment.

I like #2 the best.

William Estrada
MrUmunhum@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net ( http://Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net )
Ymessenger: MrUmunhum

Sipos wrote:

I can fix this by doing stty erase ^? to change the setting after I log
in but it is impractical to do this every time. Is it possible to get
ssh to propagate the terminal settings from the terminal it is run in to
the one started on the remote machine?

Cheers,
Nick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Specify DB Location for Auto-generated Dataset
    ... You should craft a proper one for the target machine (or modify the original one). ... Bad idea or not I'd still like to use the code, but I also want to dynamically specify the location of the database, I'm using Access for now and the connection string is hard coded into the database class App.config file. ...
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] no more public exploits and general PoC gui de lines
    ... that gives you access to the target machine ... Having a DoS PoC is enough... ... > The legitimate pentesters will be able to modify the ... > PoC to execute code on the target while, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Login Script Help
    ... user's home share as well as mapped drives and printer assignment to include ... How can I modify my login script to help me to segregate each user's primary ... group membership and then only install the printers as per the primary ...
  • Re: "Failed to decrypt file" error after compiling
    ... missed the "new" line in your explanation. ... I'll try next chance i get. ... (this Env. ... Variable on the source, or the target machine?) ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Mapping Drives
    ... "John" wrote in message ... > Create a login script or modify the existing one: ... > the syntax is as follows: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)