Re: ssh, multiple clients on NAT, known_hosts

Peter Gordon wrote:
ssh -V on Fedora 7
OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006

I have ssh access to computers which sit on a NAT behind a router.
These are the commands I use to access them:
ssh -N -g -R 10000:127.0.0.1:200 user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ssh -N -g -R 10000:127.0.0.1:201 user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The router routes port 200 to port 22 on computer 1 and
port 201 to port 22 on computer 2.
Starting with a clean known_hosts file, it ask for verification,
and
access proceeds.
However, each time I access the other computer, ssh complains
about the
entry in the known_hosts file.
hi there,
in common situation i'm using -L 127.0.X.Y:22:remote_server_host:22,
for example 127.0.4.1.

In that case all possible servers should have their own new local
(127.0.0.0/8) IP address.

The -R should by me -R [bind_address:]port:host:hostport]

Hope it will be helpfull

--
David "CentrinO" Kunes
Mail: kunesdavid@xxxxxxxxx

You will be audited by the Internal Revenue Service.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linksys BEFVP41 / DSL & Ftp Server???
    ... In this instance I set the server to use port 5275 ... port and in options forcing PASV operation. ... interpret the Winsock commands in the log, ... In this case 129.78.95.33 is the external WAN address of the router, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • [opensuse] OT: How? access my local apache2 through two routers?
    (SuSE)
  • ssh, multiple clients on NAT, known_hosts
    ... I have ssh access to computers which sit on a NAT behind a router. ... These are the commands I use to access them: ... The router routes port 200 to port 22 on computer 1 and ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cost of setting up a network
    ... A router capable of acting as a VPN endpoint for more than one user simultaneously with four Ethernet ports or a switch to suit. ... The rationale for using a server here is basically that the router doesn't need to be able to decide which PC to route the connection to. ... If you are using a router which supports it, you can set up a port-forwarding inbound rule which also _translates_ the port supplied to the receiving port. ... You can use several of these connections to different machines simultaneously. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)