RE: SSH command in windows

In order to avoid having to enter a password with the SSH command, you will
need to do one of two things:

1) Allow some sort of key authentication using a public/private key pair
(preferred). This will require you to generate the keys and place them in
the correct location on the server and the client-side. I'm unfamiliar with
using keys with the ssh command-line under a Windows environment, so you
might check its documentation. Depending on your SSH implementation on the
remote UNIX host, various steps should be taken to configure this there as
well. This will require your additional access.

2) You could somehow butcher the SSH login authentication using PAM to where
it no longer requires a password. I've done this by accident on a Linux box,
so I know it works. However, this is probably the worst recommendation of
all time, so I wouldn't do this.

At any rate, I believe you will need to involve the UNIX administration team
for the server on your efforts and perhaps they could assist in your
endeavor.

John Hall (securityfocus@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Technological Solutions Team
Neovolo - New Life to Business SolutionsT
http://www.neovolo.com