ssh works on one way, remote X can't start locally

Hi folks,

Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
Rox - File Manager
Fluxbox - Desktop Manager
router IP - 192.168.0.10

Ubuntu 7.04 desktop
Rox - File Manager
Gnome - Desktop Manager
router IP - 192.168.0.11

On desktop
$ ssh -Y satimis@xxxxxxxxxxxx rox
satimis@xxxxxxxxxxxx's password:

(process:5576): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(rox:5576): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
* end *

$ ssh -X satimis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
password:
$ ls
displaying the files of the remote server locally.

On server
$ ssh -Y satimis@xxxxxxxxxxxx rox
rox file manager of remote desktop is displayed locally w/o problem.

I have been googling around hours w/o a solution. Please help. TIA

B.R.
Stephen Liu

  • Re: if the GUI is the best part of RISCOS, why not just clone the *interface* on Linux?
    ... (interrupted by periods of KDE). ... it almost fits in with most gnome apps, gaim, the gimp, etc. but the ... it is just a file manager. ... rox itself is considerably speedy for it's features, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.advocacy)
  • Re: Hit Counter doesnt count
    ... FP might create that second index page if you were using the incorrect one in the beginning. ... Don't use the servers file manager. ... He renamed both index pages on the server "old" and had me republish the ... do I just rename my index.htm to index.html? ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Hit Counter doesnt count
    ... It said publishing home page as ... | from the server's file manager? ... He renamed both index pages on the server "old" and had me republish the ... do I just rename my index.htm to index.html? ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Annoying behavious of Nautilus when drag+drop as link
    ... destination folder, but the really annoying thing is that the destination ... I use the Rox filer: ... graphical file manager, and hardly ever use Nautilus any more... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: email not working
    ... reset up the email accounts and then set them up new in OE6 I can send mail thru them fine - but it bounces back to me and gives me the error code below. ... Since I have several domains on this server, and none of the other ones are affected - just this one - I'm clueless as to what to do next. ... accounts on this domain also and tried them all - all of them go 'to' the domain and just sit in the file manager under var/spool/mail file folder.... ... This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. ...