Re: ssh restrictions (/etc/ssh_config)

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 08:30 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:39:56AM +0200, Rainer Peter Feller wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 12:19 +0100, Martin Simovic wrote:
is there a way to restrict commands passed to ssh (client) to override
command line options
So I made a patch by myself, which I also update with every new release
For the Patch to openssh-4.7p1 see attachment
The name of the not overidable configfile is ssh_config_p

What prevents people from bypassing this by using an unpatched client?

this is meant to run in a gateway (login system to external/internal
networks) which is running restricted shell.the only commands available
on the system are ssh and exit.

while with unpatched client user could do:

ssh -p PermitLocalCommand=yes somesystem.com

then on remote system ~~C

!/bin/bash

and the have unrestricted shell on a gateway! (even if /bin/bash is not
on their $PATH originally)

martin.