Re: Negated patterns in AllowedUsers

With PAM in /etc/pam.d/sshd you can especify the root only to login
from a certain IP address

On 9/7/07, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:52:17AM +0200, Radek Hladik wrote:
Hi,
all I wanted was to force SSHd to accept root logins only from
localhost.

If nobody else comes up with an answer, then try this one:

Run two (or more) instances of sshd. Bind one of them to the loopback
interface, and let it allow root users. Bind the other(s) to the "real"
network interface(s), and let them deny root users.

Relevant Pages

  • SUMARY: Cant login as root
    ... As a result, i was not able to log in as root, neither create a new ... Asunto: RE: Can't login as root ... > console. ... > If we log as any other user everythig is ok, but we cannot either do su-. ...
    (Tru64-UNIX-Managers)
  • RE: Urgent help needed with Login problems after installation of FC1
    ... symptom trying to su back to root. ... After another minimal install, I was able to add my user and su to it and su ... I was unable to boot using the boot floppy. ... I did a minimal install and was able to login as root, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: BSM, SSH, and Session ID
    ... Are you logging in as root through ssh or is that just the way it is ... Sun SSH/OpenSSH should fork off before the login because the sshd ... It should always be a different session, ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: i can not log as a root
    ... >> how i can log as a user but not as a root. ... > Problem seems to be with the X session not your login but we'll try a few ... > select the OS/kernel that you boot to, ... > Looks like something is wrong with your Xsessions script or one of the ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Urgent help needed with Login problems after installation of FC1
    ... login would do anything but loop back to the Login: ... >From Gnome desktop, I was able to logout user, login root, over and ... Am able to boot from floppy. ... >After another minimal install, I was able to add my user and su to ...
    (Fedora)