RE: Port forwarding confusion

ssh -L 2993:ImapsServer:993 ProxyUser@SSHPROXY
connect your imaps client to localhost port 2993

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Johannes Graumann
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 7:39 AM
To: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Port forwarding confusion

Hello all,

I have a hard time getting the following situation sorted out and would
appreciate any input to solve it.
I'm in a firewalled LAN which provides a ssh-proxy to access outside
machines
which I have to use like so:

1) build tunnel
ssh ProxyUser@SSHPROXY -L 2022:OUTSIDEBOX:22

2) make connection
ssh -X OutsideboxUser@localhost -p 2022

What I now wish to do is to access an outside mailserver (especially port
993)
through this proxy and am stuck how to conceptually do this - build another
tunnel through the tunnel?

If anybody can nudge me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Johannes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Real Survivalists Dont Do Windoze
    ... I'm on a Red Hat Linux laptop running TightVNC over a ssh tunnel ... 'Source port' is your port of choice for your VNC-client to connect. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Real Survivalists Dont Do Windoze
    ... I'm on a Red Hat Linux laptop running TightVNC over a ssh tunnel ... 'Source port' is your port of choice for your VNC-client to connect. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Reverse Shell?
    ... >> behind a firewall so I can't ssh into their computer. ... > follow the tunnel back to their machine and then help them. ... Connections to that port will be forwarded through the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Tunneling over ssh with termination by the FW
    ... I would use something like Putty (ssh client software) to open a secure ... tunnel with the firewall. ... If the firewall has the sshd running on port ...
    (SSH)