Fwd: Re: Port forwarding confusion

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Re: Port forwarding confusion
Date: Friday 24 August 2007
From: Johannes Graumann <johannes.graumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm through! Thank you so much for your help!

Joh

On Friday 24 August 2007 22:06:30 you wrote:
--- Johannes Graumann

<johannes.graumann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your input. Excuse my naiveness, but
assuming I want to do the same
for ldap/sieve and co: can I do that through the
same 2022 tunnel or do I
need a new one for each protocol?

Thanks, Joh

Assuming OUTSIDEBOX can connect to your
OUTSIDEMAILSERVER, you should be able to connect

using

the tunnel in #1, then another tunnel:

2a) ssh OutsideboxUser@localhost -L
9993:OUTSIDEMAILSERVER:993 -p 2022

Then point your email client at localhost:9993

You can forward anything TCP. You just need to 'chain
them along'. For example:

ssh OutsideboxUser@localhost -L 9993:OUTSIDEMAIL:993
-L 3389:OUTSIDELDAP:389 -L 2000:OUTSIDESIEVE:2000 -p
2022

Then use your client to:
ldap localhost (port 3389)
sieve localhost (port 2000)

etc..

_________ Got a little couch potato?
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&;
cs=bz

  • Re: Port forwarding confusion
    ... Then point your email client at localhost:9993 ... ssh OutsideboxUser@localhost -L 9993:OUTSIDEMAIL:993 ... ldap localhost ... sieve localhost (port 2000) ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: ISP blocking smtp port and a way how to solve the issue
    ... directly connected email client failed to send email thru port 25. ... >>arrived at port 25 regardless whehter the firewall at the mail server is ... They may not be blocking outbound connections for what it's worth. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Download.com being blocked
    ... on where they go and what they do on the Internet. ... I don't do preview in my email client ... Windows firewall has no open ports (ie. file sharing disabled, ... The only port I leave open is 22, ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Automatic email relay agent?
    ... den 01.12.2005 schrieb Hongwei Li um 23:07: ... > you must configure your email client to use Port 587 instead. ... > reserved port for email message submission) available for authenticated SMTP. ... > The Symantec Antivirus checks port 25 for outgoing emails. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Urgent "send problem"
    ... What is the error you get from Outlook? ... Have you already tried configuring your SMTP settings with authentication? ... Can you Telnet on port 25 to their mailserver? ... I can receive from any email client but can't ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)