Port forwarding confusion

Hello all,

I have a hard time getting the following situation sorted out and would
appreciate any input to solve it.
I'm in a firewalled LAN which provides a ssh-proxy to access outside machines
which I have to use like so:

1) build tunnel
ssh ProxyUser@SSHPROXY -L 2022:OUTSIDEBOX:22

2) make connection
ssh -X OutsideboxUser@localhost -p 2022

What I now wish to do is to access an outside mailserver (especially port 993)
through this proxy and am stuck how to conceptually do this - build another
tunnel through the tunnel?

If anybody can nudge me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Johannes

  • RE: Port forwarding confusion
    ... ssh -L 2993:ImapsServer:993 ProxyUser@SSHPROXY ... Subject: Port forwarding confusion ... I have a hard time getting the following situation sorted out and would ... tunnel through the tunnel? ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: What is The SSH?
    ... Building and Using SSH Tunnels ... What is an SSH tunnel? ... how to use it to make a connection to a server. ... You will need a working SSH client and server installation to build and test ...
  • Re: Real Survivalists Dont Do Windoze
    ... I'm on a Red Hat Linux laptop running TightVNC over a ssh tunnel ... 'Source port' is your port of choice for your VNC-client to connect. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • RE: HOWTO Ping LAN???
    ... SSH to the box, and tunnel to other internal machines ... > network is by tunneling. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SSH TCP forwarding: works with v1, not with v2 ssh
    ... that they're setting up the tunnels with no problem, ... I can get to the work ssh daemon: ... debug1: Connections to remote port 65002 forwarded to local address palimpsest:22 ... something answers (if I get "connection refused" there's no listener); ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)