Re: scp problem [SOLVED]

Yup that was it. Thanks a lot.

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 08:27 -0700, Joseph Spenner wrote:
--- Stephane Mikaty <mikaty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I try to perform an scp operation, I sometimes
get the following
output, a series of equal (=) signs, and the command
returns, without
any error message. The file is not copied. I don't
get the problem on
every host in my system, nor do I get it in both
directions. Performing
the scp operation from the target host usually fixes
the problem.

gnome@build:~/trans$ scp wreck.txt
localhost:./test.txt
=====================
gnome@build:~/trans$

Can anyone shed on what's happening, and How I can
fix it?

I've seen scp break when the target system is echoing
something back upon connection-- perhaps a message in
the .login or .profile that was added.
Anything like that present?

Stephane Mikaty <mikaty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Quality Assurance