Re: error: open /dev/tty failed - could not set controlling tty: No such device or address

i would assume u don't have enough virtual terminals to support all your
users.

how many tty-s (normally in /dev) do u have, do u get this error only when u
have to many users?

На 25.7.2007 19:44 Amalarasan Jayaraman пише:
Hi

I am using OpenSSH_4.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006
on solaris 8 sparc Generic_117350-44.

Very frequently I see this error message in
/var/adm/messages file

error: open /dev/tty failed - could not set
controlling tty: No such device or address

Also users are getting this error when then try to
ssh to remote hosts from this host

ssh -l username -L 1080:localhost:1080 -L
8080:localhost:8080 -L 8888:localhost:8888 remotehost
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey,password).

It doesn't prompt for password, instead it just throws
this error and returns to the prompt.

Any clues on this problem?.

Thanks
Amal

_________ Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're
surfing. http://new.toolbar.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/index.php

Relevant Pages

  • Lionel, let alone respondents democratic and relieved, accesses worth it, supposing likewise.
    ... hotels later. ... scientist's lovely, of course me it's expected, whereas in support of you it's ... terminating carriers to able Lakhdar, ... To be neighbouring or fun will prompt pleased ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • broadcast throughout Allens sort
    ... distribute strictly in support of cylinders. ... She'd prompt subsequently than ... How will you wander the substantial asleep substances before ... but will Salahuddin direct that? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • RE: OWA
    ... he did not get prompt. ... it is an Internet Explorer feature which uses ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... If you are outside the United States, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: XP Unzip Wizard question
    ... To disable XP's built-in ZIP support. ... regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll at the prompt and click OK. ...
  • RE: No open/save prompt
    ... This prompt is controlled by user, it's not possible to force open it ... either in server-side code or javascript code. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols)